Friday, November 2, 2012

Thankful Heart Day 2 - Quiet Moments

Fridays are the new Monday at my office. Since I work at a church, many ministers take Fridays off so that they are equipped and rested to serve on Sunday. So a few of us hold down the fort. With several events going on this weekend here, it is all hands on deck.

Today, I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Literally.

On day 2 of this thanksgiving month, I am so thankful for the quiet moments of rest and renewal in the midst of a hectic day. 

Every day, I start work with reading Jesus Calling and meditating on the recommended scripture. Since today started of with a BANG, this afternoon is better than nothing. I love the tender truths that I discover here.

The reminder today...

"A yielded heart does not whine or rebel when the going gets rough. It musters the courage to thank Me even during hard times. Yielding yourself to My will is ultimately an act of trust. In quietness and trust is your strength." (Jesus Calling, November 2, by Sarah Young)

In QUIETNESS and trust is my strength. I choose to abide in Him in the craziness and in the calm. What a beautiful truth! Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment