Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful Heart Day 9 - Quiet

I'm learning the value of QUIET again. What does it really mean to unplug in a world that constantly bombards us with messages "needing" our immediate response?


Quiet from the chaos in my own head, telling me what I need to do and when.

Quiet from the constant tug to people please.

Quiet from the hum of machines and the "ding" of my email.

Quiet from the voices on TV that paint a sadly accurate portrait of a crumbling American morality.

Quiet from my own fears and worries.

Quiet from the opinions of others.

When I quiet my mind and heart, I hear a different voice, One that whispers "this is the way you should go, now walk in it."

I don't need a microphone to hear it. This voice is familiar to me, but too often I turn the volume of life up so loud that I drown Him out. Sometimes intentionally. Sometimes unintentionally.

Today, I'm so thankful for the QUIET, still small voice that speaks to me in the whirlwind and the storm. 

Nothing erases Him. The voice is constant and strong, giving me the courage to stand strong and turn the volume up on everything else enough to make an impact but still hear His counsel.

"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength..." (Isaiah 30:15)

Linking up with Five Minute Friday today!

2 comments: