Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thankful Heart Day 18 - A Church Home

Just over 2 years ago, I stumbled into Watermark Community Church, craving community, something familiar, and something stable. I had just moved home from college and needed a fresh start in my home city. I needed a place to spread my wings and grow.

It didn't take me long to feel at home in this place. I always leave challenged and encouraged. Many days, I leave frustrated because of the biblical accountability...which is how I know it's working.

Every week, without fail, I am either privileged to see lives changed or hear stories of life change from those around me.

I have seen broken people made into beautiful, confident warriors for Christ. And, I am so honored to call them friends and serve with them in ministry.

This place is home. These people are family. We disagree, but we are learning to love one another well. We challenge one another with the gospel message, and we push one another to share it. We pray for one another and pray God does BIG things in our city.

I know this isn't unique to my church. But, I can't help but think it is something special, simply because I get to see what God does using the people here every week. On this beautiful Sunday morning, I am thankful that I walked in those doors 2 years ago. And I'm thankful for how the Lord has changed my life in that time. He is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment