Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful Heart Day 11 - Fall

There is something comforting about being back in the city I grew up in, even though it is enormous. No matter where I go, there are people and places that hold memories.

This morning I had the incredible privilege of worshiping at the place I grew up while my current community worship across town.

Today, I'm thankful for fall weather, Sundays, the rain, and community, no matter what shape it takes.

Fall weather in Texas is creeping in and leaves are falling, tugging at my creative heart with their color. I love that each is unique. I love that I needed a jacket this morning. I love that the air smelled like rain. I loved lunch with my dad. I have loved this beautiful, fall, rainy day full of familiarity - old and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment