I'm learning a few things about productivity in this writing adventure...
- It's not about waiting for inspiration to strike...just get busy!
- It's NOT a feeling.
- It doesn't help to over think the situation. Make a plan of attack, and then carry it out.
- Busyness does not equal productivity.
- It isn't perfect execution. It's about getting something on paper and then working through it later.
- Getting something done is better than getting nothing done.
- Simplify the list. Identify what needs to be accomplished, and eliminate everything else.
- Tackle the biggest project first. The little stuff adds up, but too often it exists to consume our time and limit finishing a task.
Today, I am so thankful for a meeting-free day and time to be productive.
“Times of great calamity and confusion have been productive for the greatest minds. The purest ore is produced from the hottest furnace. The brightest thunder-bolt is elicited from the darkest storm.” Charles Caleb Colton