Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankful Heart Day 10 - Saturdays and the Arboretum


It's a beautiful Saturday, and there is so much to be thankful for. After a week of not feeling great, I feel much better today. The weather is cool and windy, perfect for a walk outside, which is exactly what I did. Thanks to a friend who works at the Dallas Arboretum, I was given a couple of free tickets.

Today, I'm thankful for a gorgeous, calm day to spend time with a friend and enjoy the beauty of the great outdoors.

Fall is definitely one of the best times to visit the Arboretum, a natural oasis in the heart of Dallas. Pumpkins of all shapes, sizes, and textures are EVERYWHERE. Fall flowers cover the landscape and the Chihuly exhibit is amazing! Colorful, blown glass is strategically placed in all the gardens.

I gotta be honest - it really triggered my creativity. So thankful for days like this with a friend I have known a long time. There was no need for extra energy, no need to entertain or do more than walk and talk. We could just BE. Such a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment