Monday, November 19, 2012

Thankful Heart Day 19 - Night

I am a creature of the night no doubt about it. My best ideas strike in the quiet. This weekend, I hit holiday mode big time - stayed out late with friends, slept in late, watched movies late. LATE was the name of the game.

But last night I was particularly thankful for my phone, something I completely take for granted.

I'm thankful that it connects me with people I love. I'm thankful that it gives me an opportunity to be with them when I physically can't. I'm thankful that it is never too late for community to call. And I'm thankful it gives us the opportunity to pray together, no matter the time or circumstances.

I'm thankful for the night watches. I'm thankful that I was able to partner with a friend in prayer last night in the stillness. I'm thankful that the Lord hears and answers. And I'm thankful that He promises to do BIG things.

Today, I'm also really thankful for caffeine. Sometimes I overestimate how late I should stay up. Here's to a happy Monday!

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
    and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
when I remember you upon my bed,
    and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
for you have been my help,
    and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
My soul clings to you;
    your right hand upholds me.

Psalm 63:5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment