Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful Heart Day 6 - I Voted!

I voted! I actually voted a couple weekends ago.

But today, I'm thankful for the freedom to exercise my rights.

Everyone seems to have an opinion "based on facts," but the facts seem to discount one another. Get a grip, people. After a while, your emotional response gets annoying.

My pastor said something very wise this past Sunday: The only election of eternal significance is the election into God's family. 

I love what Daniel 2 says about my God, "He changes times and seasons; He sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning."

Pray for wisdom and discernment for our leaders. God is Sovereign over whoever wins, and no matter what comes, He will get glory. Pray. Vote for issues that align with the Bible. CHILL OUT. And let's see what God does.

"Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin condemns any people." (Proverbs 14:34) Vote for what's right and pleasing to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment