Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 1 - Practicing the Pilgrim Method

 
© Darius Rucker
"Alright" by Darius Rucker is the perfect song to usher in November, a month to be thankful. My life seems to be changing at the speed of light right now. I can't tell you where I'll be a month from now or after the New Year. In the craziness, I too often forget to be thankful.

Kinda pathetic, right?

I mean, I have a job that pays the bills. I am able to write books (which I absolutely love). I have the ability to spend a lot of time with my family. I am surrounded by amazing friends and an awesome church. I AM BLESSED.

But, for some reason I continually complain and think I deserve more. What a spoiled, ungrateful brat am I?

So, this month, it's time to change the tide. As Darius Rucker sings, I have everything I need, everything I want to make me comfortable - the most important things. I think my desire for what I don't have is directly tied to my ungrateful heart.

Here's where you come in...

Since it is national writing month and a time to be thankful, every day this month, I commit to write a short post, acknowledging something I am thankful for. It doesn't have to be anything big. This will help me notice the daily blessings, as well as appreciate the bigger blessings. Not only will I begin to recognize and acknowledge how blessed I am, but I will also see how good the Lord is.

Will you join me? For the next 30 days, find something each day to be thankful for. If I miss a day, call me out on it! I both relish and dread the challenge to come.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever." Psalm 107:1

Today, I am thankful for a new month, new motivation, and a fresh start.

What are you thankful for today?


3 comments:

  1. OK. Today I am thankful God has opened the door for me to write full time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for you, Henry! That is a blessing. I am praying for that day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kariss,

    Today I am thankful for my critique group -- the Solitary Scribes. They support, encourage and challenge to grow and not settle for 'good enough.'

    ReplyDelete