Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 29 - All Creation Cries

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands." 
Nature inspires me. It reminds me of my need for the Lord because it puts my worries in perspective. I have hiked beneath the Milky Way, scoured the Colorado and New Mexico mountains, filmed the sun breaking over the horizon, and rafted the white-capped river. I've spent sunsets on the beaches of California, driven for miles, snapping shots of the horizons and fields of west Texas, explored the highlands of Scotland, and the coast of Ireland, and sat on the edge of the Grand Canyon. I've sailed the Mediterranean and Black seas, stopped at the finest ports in Italy, France, Spain, and Ukraine. No matter where I travel, no land mark is the same and each bears the fingerprints of a God who is much bigger than me. It is this God I worship, and this God who can tame the oceans and calm the storms in my life. I'm thankful for the beauty of nature, that no sunset or sunrise is the same, and that man cannot duplicate the grandeur of the Lord's creation. He is good!

Enjoy the pictures...

"From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised." Psalm 113:3
"You will go out in You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands." Isaiah 55:12
"Praise the LORD from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding, you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars, wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying bird." Psalm 148:7-10
"Praise him, sun and moon; praise him, all you shining stars. Praise him, you highest heavens and you waters above the skies." Psalm 148:3-4
"Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it. Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest sing for joy. Let all creation rejoice before the LORD, for he comes, he comes to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in his faithfulness." Psalm 96:11-13


No comments:

Post a Comment