Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 17 - Community

Yesterday was a no good, very bad day.

My community group made it better. We've been together for over a year now. In that time, strangers have became confidants and sisters in Christ became friends. We desire to encourage, challenge, laugh, cry, and grow together. Last night, they did all of those things with me.

We seek to celebrate the big moments and the small. So far, 2 out of our original 10 have walked down the aisle. Another found a place to serve that took her away from our weekly meetings. Several have lost grandparents, a couple have changed jobs, others have ended important relationships. Without fail, these women constantly weather it all and emerge stronger and closer.

All 6 of us have different personalities, interests, passions, and jobs. Every week, I love to see what each person will add to the group. Their walks with the Lord challenge mine. Their hearts to serve, motivate me. Their prayers encourage me. Their love strengthens me. I don't know what I would've done without them the past year. They bless me every day, and today, I am so thankful for them.

Who do you run to in the good times and bad?


I'm linking up with Dawn as we continue to find things to be thankful for every day this month.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post, couldn't have said it better myself : ) Love you!

    ReplyDelete