Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 7 - New Week

"Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it." Mrs. Stacy on Anne of Green Gables

© Anne of Green Gables
I love Mrs. Stacy's wise words. Today, I am thankful for a new week, something fresh with no mistakes in it. Check back with me at the end of the week to see how many mistakes I rack up. Wait, just check back with me at the end of the day. 

I like to look at each new day, week, or year as tabula rasa - a blank slate. A blank slate allows me to set new goals or continue to pursue previous goals. It allows me to view each morning as a new beginning, no matter how crazy the day before. It is a time to refocus, to build a positive attitude, and to go forward expecting the best to happen and graciously tackling what inevitable will go wrong.


You may have heard the quote, "Each day has the potential to be the best day of your life." It's all about perspective. So, on this beautiful, cloudy Monday morning, I am thankful for a fresh day, for energy, for how much I have already accomplished this morning, and for whatever the Lord decides to throw my way.

What are you thankful for? I pray you have an AMAZING week!

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment