Friday, March 23, 2012

Loud and Proud

Time to stop, drop, and write with the Gypsy Mama and other writers. Today's word...

LOUD

We argued and squabbled. His foot's in my face. She's crowding my space. Overnight car rides were always a pleasure.

We'd square off, Lynch eyes blazing. Shooting bullets. Never sure who would win.

My brother. My sister. Me. We could argue with the best of them.

But, you didn't cross us. Our anger spoke loud. Our love spoke louder.

I can insult them. I can tell them they're wrong. But you better not. My eyes will immediately change targets. The cross hairs are an ugly place to be.

We are family. Blood. We laugh together, cry together, push each others buttons, and encourage one another. They've seen me at my best and at my worst.

Our eyes speak a different message. One louder than the discord. A blood bond. Proud of one another. Loving one another. Protective. Instinctive.

Unexplainable.

When I look in their dark eyes, I don't seem intimidation. I see challenge - to be better, love harder, share deeper. A dangerous dare against ever breaking what exists between us.

That look speaks volumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment