Friday, March 9, 2012

Empty

Every Friday, I link up with the Gypsy Mama and other bloggers to write for five minutes flat - unedited, unplanned, purely for the joy of the craft. And, now that I work in a writing position, it serves as a great warm up for me.

Today's word...

EMPTY

I live in a concrete jungle. Busy paces, empty gazes, cold faces. And I long for the college life of west Texas where everything is slower, simpler, beautiful.

But this is where I am meant to be. My mission field. We are called to GO, but I also know the call to stay, for this is my Jerusalem. The girl behind the counter, the man on the street, the young adult at the Porch searching for answers - they are just as lost as those in Africa or India.


Maybe more so. Many know the truth. They just can't move past their own knowledge or experience to accept it. Empty.

I want to shout, "Hope is over here!" I have the solution to the ache. I know One who fills the emptiness, heals what's broken, binds up the hurting, and loves what everyone else has stamped unloveable.

I'm more conscious now. I pray for His eyes, that I see what He sees and love what He loves. I pray they know the peace and hope I know. For my God fills the emptiness with His heart.

His loving hands never leave scars.


 “Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds. After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence. Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.” Hosea 6:1-3

4 comments:

  1. Kariss, this post resonated with me. My favorite line is this:  I want to shout, "Hope is over here!" I have the solution to the ache. I know One who fills the emptiness, heals what's broken, binds up the hurting, and loves what everyone else has stamped unloveable.
    We have the greatest truth to share. may we all shout it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...the more we have His eyes..His heart..the more we see the emptiness the surrounds us in this world...blessings to you~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara_pohlkottepressMarch 9, 2012 at 9:26 AM

    yes.  just as lost here as there. thank you for seeing this truth. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful sacrifice that you are living where you feel you are meant to be even if it isn't where you want to be. You bring light to the empty.

    ReplyDelete