Thursday, April 4, 2013

Five Minute Friday - After

On Friday's, I join with others over at Lisa-Jo's to write purely for the love of the craft. Today's word?

AFTER

There are only a few times in my life where I have wondered, "What comes next?"

I don't want to wish my life away. My word for this year is SAVOR, and I truly want to savor every moment. But somehow, I am swept away, wondering.

What comes AFTER this?

It's the taste of the unknown. Once this crazy work season is over, once the edits are finished, once I can breathe...then what?

And I just don't know.

And I don't know that I need to. After is an unwrapped gift, beautiful, new, and bursting with possibilities. And somehow it's mine. The Lord has wrapped it just for me. I can't open it yet, but I wonder and I wait with anticipation. His gifts are never shoddy, never second hand. They are tailor made for the recipient.

After is my world of possibilities - a white water rafting trip, my best friend's wedding, summer days at the pool, a new book, new people to meet.

There's something new about spring. There's something crazy about this season. And there's something exciting about the unknown of AFTER. Here's to this adventure and the one to come...


11 comments:

  1. Oh man, I totally feel you. I relate to this so much. I just want to know what comes after this moment, this day, this week, this month, this season of life. As if the present isn't good enough. Thank you for encouraging me with your words tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the attitude I need, too. Excitement, anticipation, trust. After is good. It doesn't always have to be worrisome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your description of after...a wonderful gift waiting for me, an adventure. Beautiful...thank you for this! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hear Hear! Here's to the adventure that comes next. And there always is a next: good, bad or indifferent, something always comes after. Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this: "After is an unwrapped gift." Beautiful way to look at the future, as we (I) work to stay focused on the here and now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "After is an unwrapped gift" - and opening it is the now, which we call the present. Lovely. A beautiful, uplifting read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen. I went a similar direction. I'm thankful for the God who knows.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love thinking of the possibilities. And enjoying the gifts. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your words "the unknown of after" stopped my heart. That is life, isn't it. We aren't guaranteed anyone given moment. But what we do with that moment after is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that picture of 'after' being a gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Springtime is a wonderful after winter (finally). I don't want to dwell on what comes after the next few weeks. I want to enjoy this lovely weather that is starting.

    ReplyDelete