Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Live Inspired - The Power of Three

Some of the best things in life come in threes....

Entertainment...
3 Stoogies
3 Muskateers
3 Blind Mice
3 Wise Men
3 ring circus

Learning...
ABC
1-2-3
3 sides of a triangle
core, mantle, crust
3 primary colors

Other...
Father, Son, Holy Spirit
body, mind, spirit
beginning, middle, end

Likewise, many of the most powerful phrases are only comprised of 3 little words...

I love you.
I need you.
I miss you.
I am sorry.
Please forgive me.
I need help.
Jesus loves you.

These phrases express a vulnerability. I don't know about you, but I can't remember the last time I told someone that I needed them and really meant it.

Our words have the power to break hearts or build spirits. Are you using them wisely? Are you communicating authentically and openly with people, especially those closest to you?

"Let your speech always be with grace, as though seasoned with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person." Colossians 4:6

Try telling someone you love them today. And not the flippant version, but the kind that commits to doing anything for them and makes them feel treasured. Try telling the Lord you need Him today. Not that you need Him to help you with something, but that you truly need Him to walk with you because you are lost without Him.

See the power your words possess? Use them wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment