Thursday, May 24, 2012

Countdown to Haiti - 2 Days

As I count down the days until we board the plane for this tiny country, I want to share with you ways the Lord is working in me to prepare to serve in Haiti. Today's focus? "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength."

A DOUBLE DOSE OF SPINACH
I need a double dose of Popeye's spinach for this trip. Exhausted physically, I'm worried I'll be the weak link.

What a blessing to have friends who remind me that the Lord works in our weakness! I made the mistake of drinking coffee Tuesday night before our young adults service having not eaten anything, and I had trouble sitting still the whole service. Afterwards, my hands shook, I felt dizzy and tired and wired all at the same time. Anticipation and anxiousness and exhaustion all weighed heavy. I wasn't sure how to make it through this week. But I was energized being around people I love doing what I love in a place that is home.

Several of my friends reminded me of this verse. "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. ' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9. 

Come to find out, several of my Haiti teammates have had trying weeks at work and other situations have drained them physically and mentally. This excites me!! The Lord uses us most when we are weakest. Nothing that happens next week will be a result of our ability. We won't be able to boast in our strength. But that's ok because that is when Christ gets the most glory in our lives!

Focusing on my weakness is selfish! I'm excited for what the Lord is going to do. I'm praying for energy. I'm going to rely on my team. And, I'm going to boast in my weakness because I can't wait to see what big things the Lord has up His very large sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment