Friday, June 3, 2011

England

I spent three weeks in England with my cousin Shanna and her husband Logan. They helped me research for a character who is an air force pilot. I enjoyed getting to know all their friends, exploring their village and different cities in England, as well as spending several days each in Ireland and Scotland. Enjoy pictures from my trip!
Shanna and I took a day trip to Brinkley to do a photo shoot for my head shots for my book. It was beautiful and picturesque.
Beautiful path back into a glade in Brinkley.
Because of how cold it is, we had tea breaks A LOT. I learned the hard way that tea time is not a time to pull out your lap top and work. Tea time is taken very seriously. So good.

Loved Oxford University! And loved Oxford City.

Christ Church in Oxford.
Christ Church in Oxford

We ate lunch at the Eagle and Child's pub, known by locals as the Hawk and Babe.

The Eagle and Childs pub was once the meeting place of CS Lewis and JRR Tolkien. The inside is full of quotes from Lord of the Rings and Narnia. I felt inspired.

An old quaint building in Oxford. I was convinced it was about to fall over.
Traditional telephone booth shot. And it was such a bright, pretty color.
Christ Church and Oxford dorms. Some students were playing croquet in suits...on a Saturday. Very different way of life.
I spent a day wandering around Bury St. Edmunds. I loved the Abbey Gardens in the town center. I read a book and listened to the elderly as they chatted about the friendly squirrels. It was a beautiful, sunny day and the flowers were colorful and in fool bloom in the middle of the ruins.
The ruins are well preserved and popular place for locals on lunch break. I enjoyed exploring.
Abbey Gardens. I stopped and had tea at Harriets and then headed back to Logan and Shanna's when I got lost in the city center on market day for 30 minutes. Once again, always an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment