Friday, February 18, 2011

Solid Rock

"Our peace shall stand as firm as rocky mountains." 
William Shakespeare

Driving through Colorado Springs last week, I remembered the strength of the mountains. They are immovable, majestic, and strong. In the Bible, Jesus is called "the Rock." Can you think of a more accurate term to describe a God who is mighty, majestic, ever-present, and strong? William Shakespeare was correct...peace comes from resting in the Rock of Ages.

Enjoy the verses about my Rock and lean on His strength this week...

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation." 2 Samuel 22:2-3a

"The LORD lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be my God, the Rock, my Savior!" 2 Samuel 22:47

"But the LORD has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge." Psalm 94:22

"From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I." Psalm 61:2

"They all ate the same spiritual food and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ." 1 Corinthians 10:3-4

Rocks provide refuge, support, strength, protection.

In mountains we see the power of my Almighty God. He is strong and above all, but this Rock is also the God who says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:28-29) Jesus, our Rock, became Man to die for you! He won't let you down.

Leaning on the Rock,
Kariss

No comments:

Post a Comment