Friday, May 10, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Comfort

Joining with other writers at Lisa-Jo's today to talk about...

             Comfort

In the craziness, I seek a slice of normalcy - comfort in chaos. Something, anything familiar.

In college, it was curling up on my bed on a Saturday, cocooned by my pillows. FRIENDS, NCIS, or Saved by the Bell filling the silence.

As an adult, it's the familiarity of faces that have known me my whole life or the people who share in my victories and struggles every week. It's reading a book I have read a thousand times or enjoying a walk as the sun dips below the buildings and trees.

I seek that comfort deep inside. The contentment that comes from knowing who I am and Whose I am in the midst of a storm.

His arms hold me, His hand guides me, and the gentle pressure is enough to comfort in the midst of the unknown. In all the changes, He is consistent. 

5 comments:

  1. Thankfully- He is consistent! I enjoyed your post, visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS! "The contentment that comes from knowing who I am and Whose I am in the midst of a storm. His arms hold me, His hand guides me, and the gentle pressure is enough to comfort in the midst of the unknown. In all the changes, He is consistent." Our comfort and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is consistent! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - the comfort comes from knowing who I am and Whose I am. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely post. It's such a safe feeling to be able to take a breath, and be in comfort.

    ReplyDelete