Monday, January 2, 2012

One Word for 2012

One word can change the course of a person's life. By definition, this change requires dedication, commitment, and a strength derived from a source greater than ourselves.

I once heard that "Growing is not being satisfied, but to always be pushing yourself." I would amend that slightly. I would say that I am content with who I am, but I am not satisfied or content to remain there. A new year means a fresh opportunity to change and grow. I chose one word to define 2012 and on which to focus. So, the word for this year is....

Courage.
© Flickr by LowerDarnley
....to step out of my comfort zone
....to believe in myself when reality argues against my creative genes
....to try new things even if I'm freaked out
....to be more in love with Jesus next year
....to tell others about Him and share my story of grace freely
....to remember why I love to write, and then write from that place
....to not grow weary
....to remember that what I do now will effect me years from now
....to take advantage of every opportunity
....to build relationships and not hold back
....to be myself no matter what others say
....to think outside my own box and not allow others to confine me to theirs
....to be a better version of myself this time next year

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

What's your word for 2012?

2 comments: