Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Thought for the Day

My head and heart are full today. I am confused and seeking and discouraged and hopeful. I know my God is still good and that He has a beautiful plan for the lives of those who follow Him. I am praying for the faith to believe He is doing what He promised He would..."working all things for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

As I press on to understand where I am to point my car on this long road to somewhere wonderful, I remember this verse, one that became a life verse for me in college. I have such a tendency to reminisce and sometimes long for the comfort of the beautiful memories behind me. While that is not wrong to an extent, this verse calls for something more.

"Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See I am doing a NEW THING. Now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the waste land. The wild animals honor me, the jackals and the owls, because I provide water in the desert and streams in the wasteland to give drink to my people, MY CHOSEN, the people I formed for Myself, that they may proclaim My praise." Isaiah 43:18-21

All for HIS GLORY,
Kariss

No comments:

Post a Comment