Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Thankful Heart

I have had a bad attitude lately and I think the only way to counter that is a thankful heart. So today, I will take the time to be thankful and remind myself that my God is still faithful...

-My parents have been a huge blessing in letting me move back home to save money while I figure out my next step. They have also been very patient, supportive, and encouraging through my frustration and discouragement.

-My brother and sister have been supportive and encouraging and are both doing well in college...another huge answer to prayer. I strongly believe both of them are pursuing exactly what God has called them to do with how He has gifted them.

-Several of my friends that I grew up with have moved back home and are working and getting plugged in to church. I am thankful for the renewed friendships and sweet times of catching up and being with people who have known and walked through all the changes in my life the last few years. In this season of change, it is comforting to see familiar faces.

-I am very thankful for my phone and skype right now! They have been amazing things allowing me to keep in touch with some of my best friends all over both Texas and the country. Their encouragement has been priceless. Talking to them always makes my day and I love to encourage and pray for them as well.

-My extended family has been very supportive, both encouraging me with my dreams and trying to offer solutions.

-There are some amazing churches in Dallas and some cool opportunities to plug in with some people my own age. Though I have not identified where I want to go yet, I am thankful for the ministries of these churches and the blessing of options.

-As frustrated as I am with not having a job, I am thankful for this time of rest and time to spend with my family. The last few years of my life have been a whirlwind, crazy but fun, but I desperately needed the rest.

-A few people have walked into my life and helped encourage me to start writing again. I am thankful for the direction there and for the sweet assurance of the Lord when I write that that is exactly what He created me to do.

So much to be thankful for. Can't wait to see what the Lord does next...

No comments:

Post a Comment