Sunday, September 20, 2009

Splashes of Color

It has been absolutely crazy being a graduate and not being able to actually go to support my Red Raiders. However, my brother is playing for the Hardin Simmons Cowboys this year and every other weekend I have been making a three hour trek down to Abilene to cheer him on. The drive back has blessed my heart. Each time, I get to see the gorgeous masterpiece of God's sunset for the night. They are ALWAYS unique, with different shades and colors and spreads. But without fail, they are always breathtakingly beautiful. Living in west Texas has made me fall in love with sunsets. They speak to my heart, soften it, and bring peace. It is God's way of reminding me daily of His faithfulness, the care He takes with His creation, and His promise to heal, restore, and renew what has been broken that day. Enjoy some of my pics from the last couple weeks in West Texas of some gorgeous sunsets reminding me of God's beauty...

"But to you who fear My name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings; and you shall go out like stall-fed calves." Malachi 4:2
"For from the rising of the sun, even to its going down, My name shall be great among the Gentiles; in every place incense shall be offered to My name, and a pure offering; for My name shall be great among the nations," says the Lord of Hosts. Malachi 1:11

"Praise Him, sun and moon; praise Him, all you stars of light!" Psalms 148:3
"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly." Psalms 84:11
"Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sun, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever." Daniel 12:3

"Your sun shall no longer go down, nor shall your moon withdraw itself; for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be ended." Isaiah 60:13
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies show His handiwork...In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoices like a strong man to run its race." Psalms 19:1, 4b-5
Basking in His light,
Kar

No comments:

Post a Comment