Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Change on the Horizon

Henry van Dyke once said, “Use what talents you possess. The woods will be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.” On that note, it is time for some change around here. The blog experienced a new makeover recently, and after hours of trial and error with coding (which I have no idea how to do), everything is finally functional. I could have thrown a party. I was so proud of myself!

I love a challenge, especially one that I know is within my ability if I just push myself. Every year since I began this blog, I have had a theme. In 2009, I went from the mountains of Colorado to the desert. In 2010, I wanted to understand the love of the Father. Last year, I explored the great I AM to better grasp His character. It's time to revamp the theme for 2012. Since I launched my website last fall, three words have come to define my life and the ministry I desire to have: DREAMS, ADVENTURE, HOPE.

I believe God is a God of big dreams and desires to do big things in and through us. He designed each of us for a purpose and gifted each of us uniquely.

I also believe every day is an adventure. As Robin Williams said in his portrayal of the infamous Peter Pan, "To live would be an awfully big adventure." I have purposed to look for the adventure in the small things, like getting lost in Dallas (which happens weekly), as well as the big things, such as traveling Europe (which doesn't happen as often as I would like). The Lord desires to give us an abundant life, and with Him, every day is new.

© TriStar Pictures
Too many of us have bought into postmodern philosophy that there is no hope. It was programmed into me in school, but I refuse to acknowledge that we simply get through life and then die. There is a different end to that story, and it is eternity with Jesus. No more night, day, pain, tears. Paradise worshipping the King of Kings awaits those who trust in His death, burial, and resurrection. There is hope for tomorrow and for a thousand tomorrows.

So, this year on the blog, I will focus on dreams, adventure, and hope. I'll use my journey and the journeys of those around me. I'll tackle dreams first, and it is a topic near and dear to my heart. I also attempt the adventures of vlogging, linking with other bloggers, and who knows what else. Bear with me. I have exciting plans in the making to transform this space. But I want to hear from you!! 

If there were no limitations, what dream would you pursue? Leave a comment below and feel free to get crazy!

2 comments:

  1. If there were no limitations on my life I would open a boarding house for the homeless elderly, and raise money for running it by having a tea room. I would also learn to figure skate and raise exotic rabbits as pets.
    I love the new look of your site! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann,
    I love your answer! Hope you still tackle some of those things, no matter what shape they take. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete