Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Busy Holidays

The holidays are here. I absolutely LOVE this time of  year. In Texas, the leaves are just now beginning to fall and winter is already nipping at our heels. I love the colors and the decorations and the hot drinks and yummy food and family time.

But there is one thing that I hate about this time of year....the business. It is terrible!

In the midst of the chaos, the parties my family just HAS to go to, the shopping for just the right gifts, the fun but busy family time, I often forget to slow down and remember and enjoy what this time of year is all about. Unfortunately, the most important part of my life suffers during this time of year, and ironically, it is the only reason we celebrate both of these impending holidays. My time with the Lord decreases drastically.

Interesting, isn't it, that during a time when we should be celebrating HIM, we have created so many traditions and fun activities that He gets a back seat concert pass instead of an on-stage acting role?

This post is short today...but here is my challenge to you and to me as the holidays arrive...Enjoy them, enjoy the business, tradition, activity, celebration, and time with loved ones, but if it begins to creep in and take the place of your relationship with the King of Kings that we are celebrating, then SLOW DOWN. Cancel something and stay home. Slip into your room and spend time honoring Jesus, the One we are worshiping. This season will be much more significant with Him as the main character on stage.

"Be still and know that I AM GOD. I will be EXALTED among the nations, I will be EXALTED in the earth." Psalm 46:10

Celebrating Jesus Christ first and foremost this season,
Kariss

No comments:

Post a Comment