Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dream Big - Here

"I don't know what my future holds, but I do know who holds my future." Tim Tebow

I'm a dreamer. I've been called overly passionate, maybe a little idealistic. At times both are true. But recently, I've really struggled to be present and not rush ahead to the next stage of my life. What's the hurry?

The danger with chasing a dream, at least for me, is the constant need to look ahead often blinds me to what is right in front of me. My relationships suffer, my attitude suffers, and my relationship with the Lord suffers as I develop a spirit of discontentment.

I once heard someone say, "Trust God and do the next thing." So, that's what I'm going to concentrate on. I am blessed to be close to family, have awesome friends, a job that utilizes my skill set, the opportunity to serve those my age in my city, the ability to pursue my dreams, and a God who has my best at heart and desires to challenge and use me, even when it isn't in my plans.

How can I focus on being HERE?

- Make the most of every opportunity
- Develop relationships without fear of going deeper
- Pray for the things that are up in the air and be faithful with what is in front of me
- Work hard
- Pour my passion into where I'm at to make a difference all for His glory
- Thank the Lord for His goodness and faithfulness in this season
- Pray that I will be prepared for the next season whenever the Lord brings it
- Find contentment and joy in my Heavenly Father in the mean time

In the daily journey of dreaming, do you struggle with living in the present and not wanting more?

No comments:

Post a Comment