Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 24 - Thanksgiving

It's the day I've been leading up to all month. There is so much to be thankful for. I woke up this morning and jumped into the psalms. The heart of David amazes me. His joyful heart is directly tied to his determination to praise the Lord in all things. Even when David is in the depths of despair, he usually brings the psalm back to praising the Lord for who He is in spite of the situation. What an example to learn from! I hope this month will create that in me in a greater measure.

I'm thankful for God's goodness. I've often heard that if I was the only person on earth, Christ would have died to save me. I understand the concept, but today, I realized what it meant. My sins alone would nail Him to a cross. How humbling. I'm so thankful for the cross and for an empty grave. I'm thankful for a risen Savior who is Sovereignly in control over all. I'm thankful that He forsook His own life for me and for the sins of the world.

© Casting Crowns
I'm thankful for family. They've taught me about the Lord and what it looks like to pour into one another and others.

I'm thankful for my friends, for their constancy, encouragement, and the joy they bring to my life.

I'm thankful for the passion the Lord has given me to write. It's a weird gift to me at times, but I love seeing how He uses it.

I could keep going, but I'm taking a break from cooking to write, so time to go.

I hope your Thanksgiving is beautiful!

In Him,
Kariss

No comments:

Post a Comment